07 July 2009

Topshop Cycle Chic Competition

Topshop cycle chic contest
Back in the 90s I was lucky enough, and worked hard enough, to be able to spend two terms in a university in the UK. While I was there I discovered Boots and Topshop. These were my little secrets once back in America, my source of cool and unusual things. Now they've both arrived Stateside and while I'm a little sad about losing my secret source, I'm thrilled to have these resources available.

When I saw that Topshop USA was sponsoring a cycle chic contest I raced to the Chictopia site, which, I must admit, reminded me that I'm not in college anymore.

To enter the competition just register with Chictopia and upload a photo of your best cycling look. Each week five winners will be announced – four chosen by Chictopia.com users and one chosen by TOPSHOP. All winners will receive the special TopShop-designed bike, pictured above. The competition is going on right now and the deadline to submit photos is July 17 so there is still time! Personally, I prefer my bike and would rather a gift certificate to Topshop, but I am gratified to see that cycle chic is catching on all over, with the younger ladies too!

5 comments:

Velouria said...

I went to grad school in the UK and totally understand about Top Shop and Boots. My friends marveled at the unusual goods I had acquired in these places. The fact that Boots is the name of a drug store was a particular source of delight!

Charlotte said...

My sisters and I had an understanding that you could never just say "Boots", it had to always be "BOOOTS!"

Love that place!

sara said...

Thanks for posting this. I am so not a chic cyclist, more of a mama-into-comfort-cargo-bike commuter, but I had to submit a photo b/c my family's bakiets is so darn stylish. Plus, I like spreading the word whenever I can about family bike commuting... It was also good to be able to see Dottie's snaps in this contest & comment there (So hoping she'll win).

Mackenzie said...

You have no idea how excited I was to see the test-pilot of Target's "British Aisle" here in MN a handful of years ago, selling Boots cosmetics and skincare items. Sadly they aren't importing my favorite lunch-item from my days working near Oxford Circus, rhubarb yogurt. That place had everything...

Charlotte said...

My husband cannot bring himself to try a ploughman's lunch - I can get the Branson pickle at my local supermarket, but it's the rough chopped, not the finely chopped version I used to get in my sandwiches at Boots. Rhubarb yogurt sounds delicious, I've started making homemade yogurt, I'll have to try that.